• Glen
    Testing the scenario where a user has multiple PCs and am not sure the best way to configure. I understand that 2 licenses are needed and that is no problem. But when installing / configuring the 2nd PC for the user, the original prefix used for the 1st PC is the only option available to select. Is it advisable to use a distinct prefix for the 2nd PC (and if so, how)? Are there any repercussions for using the same prefix for multiple computers? Or is best practice to create a 2nd user account for the same user? I noticed if I use the Client Sign Up feature to enroll users it states that the email address must be unique to that installation, so that would be an issue to work around for multiple accounts per user (I suspect would just not be able to use the client sign up for this scenario). Thanks!

• David GugickAccepted Answer
    Do not use the same prefix. That option is there for when you lose a PC and need to recover the data to a new PC - then you would select the prefix from the original. Each computer should have a unique prefix.
  • Glen
    Thx! I suspected as much, but trying to use an existing user I don't have any option other than the original prefix. I have a second license applied to the user and second computer, but don't see a way to change the prefix.
  • David Gugick
    it's in the storage configuration.
  • Glen
    Thx! I'll open a ticket since I only have the original PC prefix as an option in the storage configuration for the 2nd PC.
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying you are unable to type in a new prefix in the Backup Prefix text field?
  • Glen
    Doh! It looked like it was only a dropdown selector....sigh, all is well. Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment