• VollachR
    Hi,

It appears that the cloudberry remote assistant quick support client has a really big problem, a bug probably, whenever a UAC popup on the remote computer running the quick support client appears a message "Screen Sharing is paused by Remote Computer" appears on the controlling computer and only the user on the remote computer can access the UAC popup to approve or deny it.

It appears that Remote Assistant requires it's service to be running for that feature but the service doesn't exist when the remote computer only running the quick support client, some workaround should be added to allow for complete control over remote computers running the quick support client only.

I hope it get fixed with the next version of the quick support client.

I otherwise find CloudBerry Remote Assistant to be a perfect free alternative to TeamViewer and I like it very much.

Thank you.
  • David Gugick
    Could you describe your use case in a little more detail? I'm asking because most of our customers use the Quick Support Client with a user at the other end - who can easily approve the UAC dialog. It sounds like your use case is different, and I'd be interested in hearing more about it. Thanks!
  • VollachR
    In most cases there is a user at the other end but also in most cases it's an elderly person that do not always capable or able do so, hope that's enough of an explanation.
  • David Gugick
    Would it be possible to have the full client installed on these residential computers - in anticipation of them needing remote assistance in the future? Either way, I'll add the feature request to the system on your behalf and we'll respond here with updates. Thanks for taking the time to provide some additional details.
  • David Gugick
    I did a quick check in the system and UAC prompts are expected behavior with the Quick Support Client. I think the solution for you is to install the full client as I don't think there is a way to avoid UAC approval when running Quick Support. Thanks.
  • VollachR
    I'm not asking to avoid UAC approval, I'm talking about UAC approvals not pausing the connection so the connecting computer can approve them, just like it works with the full installation.

I know it should be possible, TeamViewer, which I used till recently didn't have the same issue when using the QuickSupport client on the remote computer.

Of course, for the time being, Installing the software on the remote computer is an okay alternative but the QuickSupport client is a better, simpler solution for supporting elderly users that just need to get remote support and never connect to others remotely.
  • David Gugick
    The engineering team is doing some additional research and we'll reply back here with any updates.
  • IGEST SOFTWARE
    We are facing the same issue.
    In our case our costumers aren't only elderly, but also have few experience using remote assistance tools.
    QuickSupport with the proper UAC's interaction will solve 100% of our difficulties.
    If we don't use QuickSupport, it's needed to install de full client and for that we need to use another remote assistance tool, because UAC pops up to ask about confirmation on install. The user who we are connecting doesn't know how to install it and enter registration key.
    Also, full client by default starts in view mode and the user needs to switch to full control manually.
  • knectit
    Hi,

We are still facing this issue, is there anything in the pipeline to resolve this?
  • Tara
    I would also love to know if this is something that will be fixed and/or worked on as I have come into this issue using QuickSupport as well. My clients are also elderly and really need me to do everything for them. :wink:
  • David Gugick
    It's currently scheduled for the 2.5 release.I don't have a release date yet.
  • Tara
    Good to know! Thanks!
  • EricSayles
    Where did the Quick Support feature go? I can't find it anywhere. Did they remove it?
  • David Gugick
    Click download Windows and it's on that page.
  • EricSayles
    I only see the full install not the Quick support client. What page should I be on to find that option?
  • EricSayles
    That's the link to the full program, I'm looking for the link for the Quick Support link you send to a client so that you can quickly connect to their computer.
  • David Gugick
    It's right on that page towards the bottom. If you're not seeing it, please post what platform and browser you're using as well as a full screenshot of the page so I can see what you are seeing.
  • David Gugick
    Just to clarify your other comment: We do not yet have a persistent link to the QuickSupport binary. You can, however, copy the URL from the Download button on the page I posted for QuickSupport and send it to a customer for easier download. The only catch is that the binary has the product version in it and the URL will change each release. But, until we have a persistent URL for QuickSupport, you can hit up that page, copy the URL, and send it to a client.
  • Irv Spalten
    Has this been fixed yet?

In my case it could be user error on the Client end, not sure?

I've done tests with one person and it never locks up for me? Other end is using the Quick version.

In 2 other cases my trying to do some operations like opening a program locks me up? I'll assume it is the UAC request but I can't see it. The person on the Client either doesn't see it or didn't know what to do?

When I use the FULL to connect to the Quick client are there 2 prompts the client side needs to do, approve access and approve making changes? I think in the test I made that worked there were 2, but not in the ones I locked up and had to reconnect?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment