• Simon
    Hi
    I have a server which is backing up files to a Google Cloud Storage bucket.
    It has been running successfully for years but I recently had to create a new Access Key for it over on Google's side due to some account changes.

I added the key to Cloudberry on the server and it could again see the storage buckets on Google so I left the schedule to run.

The job is scheduled at a quiet time so there is little activity on the server.
    I can see the job has started on the server but it currently says 'Files copied 271 of 271' (250MB) and is stuck on 21% progress with a 'running' status. This has been running now for 6h 12m as I type. The job only takes up to an hour typically.

Is there something I'm missing here? There are no error messages and I can see the 271 files in the job history. Should I just give it some time to sort itself out? I'm wondering if the change in credentials has caused an issue.
  • Matt
    May be a repository problem that some of our users experienced recently. Make sure you're on version 6.0.2, synchronize repository via tools > options > repository, and if the issue persists send us diagnostic logs via tools > diagnostic menu.
  • Simon
    Ah ok - we're on a very old version of the app - 3.4.0.92 . I'm not certain of server compatibility if we were to upgrade.
  • Matt
    Ouch, that makes things complicated. Even our support department would advise you to update if you create a ticket, but that will most likely "break" your installation without clean reinstall. Besides, if you're using the software on Server 2003/Xp, we've stopped support for these systems.

Here's what I propose: if possible, send us diagnostic logs via tools > diagnostic menu and specifically mention that these logs are for Matt and also paste the link to this thread in the issue description. The ticket will then be transferred to me and I'll see if I can help you with your problem.
  • Simon
    Hi Matt,
    Touch wood things seem to have reverted back to normal. I gave it a couple of days to sort itself out and the backups have been running successfully again. With that in mind I'll leave it for now but thank you for your help.
  • Matt
    Glad to know that things got back to normal. Most likely that was just a temporary problem on Google's side.
  • Simon
    @Matt - There has been a notification from Google saying there are upcoming changes (June 20th) to JSON API requests to Cloud Storage. This only seems to affect code that checks for endpoint specific details. Do you know, is this likely to have any side-effects for the older version of Cloudberry we are using or is the change not applicable?
  • Matt
    Couldn't find any info on that on the net, but it shouldn't cause any problems, as far as I'm aware.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment