• tobias
    Hi,

I'm running a pre-action for my backup plan, and i want to know how can i catch the error if the pre-action fails.
  • David Gugick
    The failure will be noted in the backup plan history, email notifications (if enabled), and the Windows Event Log (if enabled).
  • tobias
    yeah i've tried that, but what i need is for example, if the pre-action is a mysqldump, and the pre-action fails because of a wrong password, how can i catch the mysql message for wrong password
  • tobias
    yeah i've tried that, but what i need is for example, if the pre-action is a mysqldump, and the pre-action fails because of a wrong password, how can i catch the mysql message for wrong password
  • David Gugick
    I'm not sure. I would think that the MySQL script can be created to log and alert on that event separately from CloudBerry. Sounds like what you'd need is a way to pass back a specific error code and then report on that from the backup product. But I think all we report is the failure of the step. I'll check with the team about new functionality in this area but I think for now it might be better to look to tie the notification (could be just an email sent from the script) of the dump failure to the database script rather than the backup.
  • tobias
    All right, i'll try another approach. Thanks! :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube