• TimW
    I have CloudBerry Backup 6.0.2.22 on Windows 10. I have CB sync (ie "simple mode" copy) a number of folders to AWS S3. I periodically manually delete the files stored on S3 after I've copied files to offsite disk backup.

I backup folders such as g:\photos and g:\resources. When I look in my S3 bucket I can see

CBB_PCNAME/G$/Photos/
    CBB_PCNAME/G:/Photos/

The "G$" folder is more up to date, but holds less data. The "G:" folder holds more data, but it's not as up to date.

I'm curious why a single folder on my PC results in two different folders on S3. It looks like late April CloudBerry changed from storing data in the "G:" folders to using "G$". I'm not sure if there's any duplication or not.

I'm going to have to delete data from both locations on S3 to reduce storage / costs.

Thanks for any thoughts.
  • Matt
    That's the change we introduced with version 6.0. Starting from this version all backups are stored under "$" delimiter, the software will continue functioning as before and should not affect how data is displayed on the backup storage tab. Overall, data is not being duplicated and no additional charges will incur.

This change has been introduced to streamline the data set migration between local and cloud backups.
  • TimW
    Thanks Matt. It's just an extra step to delete the data I don't need in S3.

If I delete everything in S3 will Cloudberry upload anything still on my computer?
  • Matt
    You can delete files via the backup storage tab, that would be quicker.
    if you delete it from the storage outside of the software you'd need to run sync again.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment