• Edward Y
    Scenario
    Backup server - only running cloudberry
    File server
    File server has a folder with 3 files
    Cloud repository has 5 files (2 that were deleted)

Looking at this help article,
    https://www.cloudberrylab.com/resources/blog/tracking-local-deletes-in-backup-storage-in-backup-5-9/
    this looks like what I want.

If the cloudberry were running on the file server then it would actually restore correctly.
    Otherwise, I need to use the 'Track local file deletes in backup storage' option.
    Am I understanding that correctly?
  • David Gugick
    Yes. If you do not use the "Track File Deletes" option, then if you restore from another computer that does not have access to the local CloudBerry repository on the server that was backed up, you will restore the deleted files. If you do not use the option and restore from the server, then you can avoid restoring deleted files since the restore has access to the local repository. if you use the option, then you can restore from anywhere and avoid deleted file restores.
  • Edward Y
    Is there any way to point the file server at at the local CloudBerry repository or is that just not possible?
  • David Gugick
    The repository is on the local server, unless I'm misunderstand your question. If you're asking if you can point at another repository when restoring, then no, that's not possible. Simply use the Track Deletes option instead.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment