• Russell Ashenberg
    I was using RemoteAssistantSetup_v2.2.0.47_netv4.5.1_c668794 version on my windows 7 X64 bit machine. My father needed tech support assistance so I use the remote assiatnce product and he installed the Quick support product on his windows 7 X64 machine. He had an issue with his windows machoine and I needed to install a driver and several programs on his machine Every time the computer prompted asked permission to install with a "YES" or a "NO", I was temporarily kicked off his machine and sometimes I was totally discoinnected. Only when he he said yes, then the program allowed me and I regained control of his machine.

Is this an issue with this version or has this issue been fixed in version v2.2.0.50
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Just sent over the logs from the product to you guys for further analysis

Please let me know if you find anything to be why I keep on getting disconnected constantly when my father's machine prompts to install a program or update
  • Russell Ashenberg
    here are two log files for ure review
    Attachments
    CloudRaService.InstallLog (747B)
    InstallUtil.InstallLog (660B)
  • Matt
    Logs from RA are are sent directly to product management, if they are not specifically requested by me or Sergey our support team will have to send a reply regarding forum, since we support only commercial products via the ticket system.

For now, please re-send them and mention that they are for Matt. Also, don't forget to paste the link to this thread in the issue description.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Matt

Which logs do u need for me to send?

I have attache previously to this ticket the following:

CloudRaService.InstallLog(747B)
    InstallUtil.InstallLog(660B)

WHat else can I do
  • Matt
    Yes, I see the logs, but we need them to be sent from both machines via automatic procedure(diagnostic menu). Note that there are still some problems with UAC that we're working on, and this issue is most likely related to them.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Thanks Matt for writing back to me so quickly and helping me out. The other computer is my fathers machine as he is a senior citizen. The next time I can speak with him, I can ask him to do the same to send you the files and I will ask him to type your name in for the files so u can have them too

Will keep u posted on the files when my father sends them to you.

Do u need anything from me to send to you?..
  • Matt
    Not now, I'll wait for the logs to arrive to our ticket system.
  • Joel
    I don't think it is possible for Cloudberry Lab to ever enable a userspace application (quick support) to interact with a UAC prompt window. In my Domain environment, username and password is required. userspace applications cannot interact with uac prompts by design, uac prompts are outside of that space. Unless cloudberry thinks they have a workaround?
  • Matt
    Currently, no workaround, but this is being investigated by the developers.Have no further info on that, sorry.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    I have to additional tickets Ticket ID 261708 and Ticket ID 261709 for you to discuss the issue of control of my father's computer using the quick support but after several seconds the program tells me its paused and I can not do anything on his machine. NOTHING works at all and if it does not state pause, then it completely does not allow me to do anything but view.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Here are the logs from my father's machine Ticket ID 261695 when he installed the full version of the remote assistance product
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Matt, first my father used the full support product but it would not allow me to do anything on his machine but watch and observe. SO he uninstalled it from his machine and ran the quick support
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Then I encountered another issue where it stopped allowing me to control his machine after 10 seconds and then told me it was paused or just stopped allowing me access. There is something wrong with either version not allowing me full control of his machine
  • Joel
    when you install the full unattended version, default setting is view only unless you change it. Might check that next time?

My father has a fairly unreliable internet connection (extreme rural) some days remote control does not work very well but cannot blame the product. I do wish it would show some kind of message rather than just freeze the screen when it has trouble communicating.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    My father removed the full version and just used the quick support and this stopped working too.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Joel, I can ask my father to try to install the full one and change the setting
  • Sergey N
    Hello Russell,

In this case, I would really suggest that you configure Unattended Access on your father's machine and forget about all those complications. You can find a step-by-step guide on how to configure it properly here:

https://help.cloudberrylab.com/cloudberry-remote-assistant/using-remote-assistant/encryption-and-unattended-access

This is secure due to the encryption key used and you will simply need to click connect and that's it.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    thanks for the help and guidance

Still why does it disconnects when I am using quick support on his system

It happens all the time and is very annoying

Please let me know if u got the log files as well
  • Sergey N
    Hello Russell,

This is related to Window's UAC we are currently discussing how can we overcome those issues, however, this is a really tricky matter and thus will definitely require some additional time to implement correctly.
  • Russell Ashenberg
    Thanks for the response and update. If there is anything you may need from me, please let me know. Also, let me know when the issue is fixed so I can download the latest version.,

Thanks
  • Sergey N
    Hello Russell,

So far the data provided should be enough, I will contact you directly if we will require anything else. Thank you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment