• James Dyke
    Hi, storage account added fine but the backup fails with:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

i can open a webpage, login and upload fine......

Any ideas??
  • Matt
    Do you run Minio Server on a Windows machine? Due to technical limitations we don't currently support such configuration, so if that is the case please use Linux machine instead. We'll change that in the future. I already see your logs in the ticket system. We can continue discussion there and update this thread once the root of the issue is identified.
  • James Dyke
    Hi, i have a windows server in my DC so i cant just use a Linux server.

It is used for all types of backup.
  • QiQQ
    I'm happy that I read this, because yesterday night I was almost going to install a Minio server on Windows in the night. So good to know that it is not compatible at the moment, but I hope it will be in the feature.

I will like to know if it's possible, also I can also setup a test server for it and share logs and help with it. Minio looks good, I also did some reading about Minio multi tenant. Will nice if Minio will be supported for Windows, or do you know some other S3 compatible software. I did some research but didn't find that much.
  • Matt
    The issue with Minio is related to colon characters being created during backup. Our R&D is working on that.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Minio server is working normally on Windows Server as well as in Windows deskop system. What is that it does not work is the CBB product having as a target storage a minio server storage system. Minio server operates normally as a Server itself in windows by means that you can upload files manuall via web gui.
  • Matt
    Yes, that is correct, but during uploads via our software we create specific folder paths that contain colons. That's the main reason we don't yet support Windows-hosted Minio.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Ok. But this is not written in somewhere in managed backup and someone can choose minio server and find a hard time to make it work in Windows just like myself.
  • Matt
    I understand. That is something we currently working on.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Is minio working currently and is steady for Linux?
  • Matt
    Yes, Linux-hosted Minio works as intended.
  • James Dyke
    SO, after 5.9 upgrade the backup is now running but the files are not showing and the backup fails.

we are a little closer but not quite there.... please hurry up and fix minio on windows :)
  • Matt
    We're planning to rework how the software treats colons in 5.9.6, so by Autumn this should work as expected.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment