• QiQQ
    Hello,

I see there is a chaining option to only start the backup if this backup is successfully finished. But the second back-up is scheduled when the first backup is not finished. What will happen with the next backup, will it wait to start till the first backup is finished or will it fail because another back-up process is already running?
  • Matt
    The backup will skip the chain if it's not finished by the time the chained run is triggered.

As a rule, any plan will skip scheduled launch if it's still running by that time.
  • QiQQ
    Is there a way to program the backups in a chain, so the next backup will start after a backup is finished? What I want to reach is to program backup tasks like:
    1. Run: Backup system to network share (2 weeks retention. every 2 weeks Sunday full, every day block)
    2. Run: Backup data to network share (2 weeks retention. every 2 weeks Sunday full, every day block)
    3. Run: Backup system to cloud (4 weeks retention. every first Sunday of the month full, every day block)
    4. Run: Backup data to cloud (4 weeks retention. every first Sunday of the month full, every day block)

- I don't want to use hybrid because I don't want to be depended to be the onsite (hybrid) is working
    - I want to use different retention for onsite and offsite
  • Matt
    Yes, that should work without any problems. You can chain those plans in whatever order you want.
  • QiQQ
    The backup will skip the chain if it's not finished by the time the chained run is triggered.

As a rule, any plan will skip scheduled launch if it's still running by that time.
    Matt

Maybe it's my English :-) But I understand here that it will not run if the backup is still running and the next scheduled needs to be started.

So for me that looks like I need to schedule the plans to run when i'm sure they are finished.
  • Matt
    You can simply set schedule just for the first plan in the chain without setting up schedule for subsequent plans, that way you won't have to worry about schedule, all backups will run one by one without overlapping.
    Of course, you need to make sure that there is a certain time window between the chains.
  • QiQQ
    Ah thats sounds promosing, so I need to setup chaining for 2,3 an 4?
  • Matt
    Yes, only the first backup in chain needs to be scheduled, the rest will be triggered one by one upon finishing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment