• Chasim
    I updated to version 5.9 but appear to have lost the option to delete files from my cloud backup (after a specified period of time) when the files are deleted locally?
  • ds2
    Have you enabled ransomware protection? It comes nack if you disable this option.
  • Chasim
    Have you enabled ransomware protection? It comes nack if you disable this option.ds2

You're right. I disabled ransomware protection and the delete files option returned, but when I tested it by enabling ransomware protection again, adding a file locally, running the backup, deleting the file, and then running the backup again, the file was still in my cloud storage. It seems like you now either have ransomware protection enabled or have the ability to remove files which were deleted locally. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
  • ds2
    I have asked the same question in a ticket. I was told it was a design dession in 5.9. To be fair I don't like this one.
  • Julia
    Right. We made this dependence in 5.9 in order to avoid cases where ransomware can rename files and, therefore, the backup agent can delete data from a backup destination that you don't expect because of using the "Delete files that have been deleted locally" option. It is not evident - we are going to return option back and disable it with a clear explanation to avoid any confusion. Thanks!
  • ds2
    I think track deleted files in rep. will kill the option to encrypt filenames is also by design?
  • Sam Sexton
    I was about to ask why I couldn't see the Track local file deletes option, but after reading here that that and Ransomware protection are mutually exclusive, I disabled the latter in one backup plan, but when I edited that I still didn't see the track option. I'm going to stick with the Ransomware on, so I'm not too worried about this, but more clarity is definitely needed when selecting either option.
  • jvasego
    Hi!
    We use the hybrid backup option. Is it possible that delte files option is not available when using hybrid backup? If so, i have to create two jobs. One for local backup, one for online backup. this way it works.
  • Julia
    Yes, that’s true. This option is available for a single backup job. Anyway I will add a feature request for a hybrid backup. Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment