• Michael Shes
    Hello, what is the best way to configure the back for a folder that is 4TB in size, the backup destination is a 7.2TB USB drive, the required retention is 7 days.
    when I select recurring(incremental) I have a warning message that a full backup is also needed to be scheduled but I would like only one full backup and 7 incremental ones.
    if I don't schedule a full back I got a warning when the backups run.
    If I do create a full backup schedule there is a daily or a monthly option', that means there will be 2 full backups but the USB drive does not have enough space for 2 full backups
  • Alexander Negrash
    Retention relies on regular full backups since backups are stored in generations defined by full backup frequencies. The current generation isn't subject to retention, so you should store at least two full backups with recurring incremental backups. With a 4TB source size and 7.2TB destination size, this configuration may not be sufficient. You might consider using Legacy mode, but please be aware that it's in a low-maintenance mode. With the New Backup Format you will need more storage space on you local destination
  • Michael Shes
    Thank you, we will purchase a bigger disk.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment