• Christian Rondeau
    Hi everyone!
    I use Cloudberry Backup since a while.

I use 2 different local « Account Storages »:
    One is located on a remote server accessed by a VPN, and the other one is just on another local Disk on the Server itself.

I run 2 backups of the exact same datas, one for each Account Storage.

So basically, these 2 « Accounts Storage » contains the exact same datas.

Yesterday I lost the local Backup disk on my Server so I lost this particular Account Storage!

The question is: can I just COPY all the content of my remote disk to a brand new local disk and then continue to run my 2 backups like I never lost any local disk?

This is because I don’t want to start a Backup from scratch on the new Disk and then lose 2 years of incremental Backup in case of losing the remote Disk!

Please help someone!!

Thanks!
  • Alexander Negrash
    There should be no problem. Are you using Legacy or New Backup Format?
  • Christian Rondeau
    Thanks for the answer!
    I'm not sure about that... I use CloudBerry Backup Ultimate Edition version 7.3.0.321.
    I can't find anywhere that mention Legacy or New Backup. So I assume it's legacy...

I'm currently rebuilding NAS Backup's Database from scratch..

Then I plan to copy all Backup Files from NAS to my new Local HDD.

Then add this Local HDD as "Storage Account". As far as I know it should then recreate the database itself and then let me use it?

Thanks again!
  • Alexander Negrash

Then add this Local HDD as "Storage Account". As far as I know it should then recreate the database itself and then let me use it?Christian Rondeau
    Yes. With Legacy backup format you can continue using the same backup plan with the new destination. With New backup format you will need to copy the old backup plan or create a new one
  • Christian Rondeau
    Thanks a lot, I'll try that!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube