• SamboNZ
    A number of my backups (destination: Wasabi) have begun stalling mid-backup.

There are no errors, the backup just stops mid-way through a random file (different every time) and never completes, which prevents the backup from completing.

I haven't had working backups for a few days now and I need some urgent assistance with this issue please.

Win10
    Standalone Desktop v7.922.267
  • Alexander Negrash
    I sent you an email to help troubleshoot this issue.
  • SamboNZ
    Thanks Alexander, I appreciate the quick followup.
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    I believe i'm facing the same (or similar) problem SamboNZ reported, starting after updating MSP360 to v7.9.2.267. My backup destination is AWS S3.

This backup plan, for example, never took more than 30 minutes to run (an incremental run). The number of scanned and processed files is not moving, really indicating nothing is happening. And the plan is running for almost 10 hours now. Never experienced that with previous v7.9.1 and v7.9.0 versions

htyj7biwg8bte8n8.png
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    Downgraded to v7.9.1.128 and the (incremental) run successfully finished in minutes.

For a comparison, with 7.9.1, even a full (synthetic) run took only about 55-60 minutes. According to the screenshot I posted, with 7.9.2, plan was stuck "running" for almost 10 hours and, worst than that, stats completely freezed, nothing seems to be happening at all and run would keep for hours and hours, days and days.

Interesting difference: from 7.9.1, the number of scanned and processed files is VERY different. From 7.9.2, at least according to the screenshot I posted, those numbers seems to be almost the same ...

screenshot from v.7.9.1.128
    c3cx7aq2m3al4imy.png
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    Different place, same problem ... incremental run usually takes 25-30 minutes, had to stop it after 14 hours with the process completly froze (despite the msp360 app was not frozen).

Downgraded to v7.9.1.128 and it seems to works fine again

i01dln4ke2hbbun3.png
  • Result-it
    Same problem here incremental back-up is running for days after upgrade v7.9.2.267 i want to go 1 version back but don't know where to download. did't enabable sandbox.
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    seems it can be download from: (please note this is a direct download from msp360.com, not any personal mirror that might contain a infected file or something like that)

https://download.msp360.com/MSP360BackupSetup_v7.9.1.128ULTIMATE.exe

I had a local copy, download the one from this link and they are a binary-match.

I have downgraded in 3 different places, it's a simple "install on top", at least I didn't have to make any special procedure at all.
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    hi Alexander ... were you able to get some extra details on this one, from the OP of this thread? I'm still facing the same problem in some places, i'm interested on the developement of this one. Thanks!
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    hi Alexander ... it seems i'm seeing the same problem (backup kind of halted) with 7.9.3 ... this one is running for almost 2 days, I have watched it for at least 10 minutes and the file count is halted, it seems nothing is really happening.

An incremental run, on this plan, use to take 5-10 minutes maximum to run.

ry1p3lh24anfvahg.png
  • Alexander Negrash
    Leonardo, looks like you problem has a different reason. 7.9.3 included a fix that solved the problem for SamboNZ. I will send you an email requesting logs, so that we can investigate.
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    Alexander, got the ticket messages, but didn't replied because the problem didn't happened again. It surely happened, as shown by the images posted, but that was a single one. It might be a fluke, as among quite a few customers already updated to 7.9.3, it didn't happened again.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Great it's resolved now. feel free to ping us in the same email thread if you see it again
  • Leonardo Rodrigues
    got a new backup plan stuck at running, just sent the Diagnostic Data! Would you mind checking if received data is correct? I'll keep the plan stuck on running, won't stop it by now.
  • Alexander Negrash
    Please send a message in the open thread, so that engineer can check the logs. Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment