• BillA
    Backup Desktop Edition 7.9.2.267 Win11
    I edited a backup plan schedule and specified a reoccurring incremental backup every 2 hours. I've done this from both the Reoccurring predefined and Reoccurring advanced options.
    The Schedule line in the backup plan description always Starts with Block-level: <reoccurrence> seeming to indicate it's doing block-level backups when I only specified incrementals.
    Bug? How can I tell which one it's actually doing?
  • Alexander Negrash
    It's the same. The software does block-level incremental backups
  • BillA
    Thanks. I tried to understand your reply by studying the documentation (Install and config guide), but it appears to be very out of date as the screens and options do not match. Some points:

- Note that I am using a File Backup (legacy) plan. When configuring this, my schedule selection is Reoccurring (predefined templates), next screen Custom schedule template set to Incremental every 2 hours and no block levels. Summary text box reflects the plan correctly as 'Incremental backup: Occurs every 2 hour(s)'. The final Summary screen shows 'Block-level: Occurs every 2 hour(s)' however. I've checked my backup storage and all file backups appear to be Fulls - no Block indications. So... I believe that my incrementals are file-level (as specified) and that the block-level indications are false.

- I played with File Backup (non-legacy) and see where the schedule option never asks for incremental vs. block backups. Is this where you are thinking that incrementals are block-level by default?

Thanks!
  • Alexander Negrash
    With Legacy format Incremental means file level incrementral. What you're seeing is probably a bug.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment