• evit
    Since upgrading to 7.9.4.83 my backups are failing on 2 servers w/ 1003 error. https://kb.msp360.com/backup/errors/1003

As the link states above, I need to contact support but they will not respond here OR via email.

I've already looked at the rest of the forum and have not found anything to solve this. Not the best customer experience.
  • evit
    Looks like in the logs:

2024-03-25 22:00:12,724 [Base] [1] ERROR - Request failed, retrying in 400 msec, 3 attempts left
    2024-03-25 22:00:13,125 [Base] [1] ERROR - CloudBerryLab.Base.Exceptions.RequestWasAbortedException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Looks like a bug to me as it only started after upgrading to

Support suggested I increment the connection tries in >> Tools - Options - Connection. I will try tonight and let you all know.

Seems like it could be related to a network issue in the code itself like detailed here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/sql/database-engine/connect/tls-exist-connection-closed but I need to dig deeper.
  • evit
    Upgraded to 7.9.4.103, checked anti-malware and network rules and verified these are correct. Still getting the same error:

An error occurred (code: 1003)
    The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Any ideas?
  • Steve Putnam
    What is your cloud storage location?
  • evit
    US east
  • evit
    Support suggested the issue is with my cloud storage provider DNS but that isn't a configurable option as far as I can tell when you set it up.

Is it possible to remove the storage configuration in MSP360 and then re-add it as S3 compatible and point to the same bucket? They suggest this as a workaround but I'm skeptical as they have suggested a dozens reason why this isn't a bug.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment