• Leonardo Rodrigues
    A backup plan, running on a differential-run day, gave me an (at first) worrying error:

Backup from another computer(s) with the same prefix detected and marked as forbidden (code: 2503)
    Backups to the same backup destination with the same backup prefix from different computers at the same time are not allowed. A full backup was forced

I browser the AWS S3 bucket, and couldn't find anything different than usual. Then I watched for the rest of that same email notification, and it seems to clearly indicate a regular differential backup was run, and not a forced-full one. The number of really backed up files is very low while compared to the total number of files (maybe indicated a differential was run), as well as the total size was much smaller than the total one (a differential was run). Even while "browsing" the backups, via msp360 Backup Storage, I can clearly see that run as a regular differential run, inside the backup chain.

It seems to me, given all the other informations, that the "backup from another computer with the same prefix detected .... full-backup was forced " seems incorrect and the forced-full backup never happened whatsoever.

This is not the first time I got this message, and never was able to find anything really different/wrong. This is the first time i'm trying to reporting it.

sdtg655ey3i7ka8q.png
    o0fr321jjoy3lix3.png
    gzxvha4kijwxn6qy.png
  • Alexander Negrash
    I have created an internal thread with our support engineer. You should have received an email.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment