• Superfragl
    Hi,
    I am using MSP360 for Server standalone and backing up data to a local NAS device.
    I need move the backup chain to another NAS and continue the backups to the new location. How can I do that?
    I can add a new backup storage and edit the backup plan, but what happens to the data previously backed up? Will it be moved to a new location?
    Thanks.
  • Steve Putnam
    The data will not be moved automatically. You have a couple of options:
    1. Copy/move the backup folder from the old NAS to the new one, then create a new local storage account for the new NAS and run a repository sync. You can then pick up where you left off.
    2. If you want to keep the old backups on the original NAS and only have newer files get backed up to the new location, then create a local storage account for the new location and set the Advanced filter to "back up objects modified since xx/xx/xxxx date". It will only backup files created /modified after that date.

If you use option 2 and have to do a complete restore, you could restore the more recent files first then do a second restore for the older stuff.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment